This service delivery charter puts into place standards that will guide the Kakamega municipality in providing quality services to its employees, clients and the general public.
The Charter provides information on the range of services offered and charges levied by the municipality to residents and the general public, their expectations and mechanisms of redressing their concerns.
To be a leading Municipality in the Country through provision of quality services to general public and its residents.
To provide quality service that is affordable, accessible, acceptable, sustainable, effective and equitably distributed to all transparently.
Kakamega Municipality mandate is drawn from the Urban Areas and Cities Act of 2011 and Article 184 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Collection of revenue
- Issuance of rates clearance certificate
- Issuance of single business permits
- Building inspection
- Recommendation for approval of building plans
- Supervision of infrastructure development and maintenance
- Issuance of registration certificate to groups, CBOs
- Organization and coordination of public participation
- Policy formulation and governance
Our core values
- Seamless service
- Team spirit
- Accountability and Transparency
- Goal oriented
- Customer focus
|Services rendered||Client Requirements||User Charges (Kshs)||Time frame|
|Issuisance business permits||Previous business permit
Approved inspection report of premises
|As per approved finance act||30.min|
|Provision of market space||Using the available space||Depending on the goods displayed||daily|
|Recommendation for approval of building plan||Presentation copies of building plans and land ownership documents||As per approved finance act.||7 days|
|Registration of social welfare group||Presentation of application forms and group constitution||500/=||3days|
|Removal of solid waste||Dumping waste at designated sites||Nil||daily|
|Policy formulation and governance||Participation through contribution of views and ideas||Nil||As at and when need arises.|
|Construction/ rehabilitation of municipality access roads||Participation in Identification /prioritization of roads||Nil||Budget provision in Financial Year|
*Days mentioned refers to working days
We encourage our clients to feel free and give us feedback on services rendered to enable us improve on quality of our service delivery.
Any enquiries/ correspondences/complaints and complements may be directed to the; -
Ms. Violet Ofisi
Telephone No: 0727 748293
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the affairs of the Municipality or Town.
- Exercising executive authority as may be delegated by the Municipal Board/Town Committee.
- Developing and adopting policies, plans, strategies and programmes for the efficient running of the municipality/township
- Formulating and implementing integrated development plans.
- Controlling land use, land sub-division for various development purposes as may be delegated.
- Promoting and undertaking infrastructural development and services within the Municipality or Town as may be delegated by the County Government.
- Developing and managing schemes, including site development in collaboration with the relevant National and County Agencies.
- Maintaining a comprehensive database and information system for the municipality or town.
- Enforcing the fees, levies and charges as may be authorized by the County Government for delivery of services.
- Ensuring the provision of services to its residents.
- Initiating new laws or making recommendations for issues to be included in the laws.
- Implementing national policies and policies of the County Executive Committees as they affect the Municipality or Town.
- Enforcing compliance with Constitutional provisions on Consumer Rights, fair administrative action, Bill of Rights and Values and Principles of Public Service.
- Preparing the Annual Appropriation Bill and submitting it to the County Treasury for consideration and transmission to the County Assembly for approval.
- Coordinating and facilitating citizen participation in the development of policies and plans and delivery of services.
- Implementing policies for fire and disaster management.
- Promoting a safe and healthy environment.
- Performing such other functions as may be delegated from time to time.
COL. (RTD) JOB LUBANGA AKHULIA (CHAIRPERSON)
Col. (Rtd) Job Lubanga Akhulia has worked as a member of the Kakamega County Public Service Board from 2013 to 2019. He has served as General Manager Kenya Defense Forces Museums and Archives (2012-2013), Assistant Chief Examiner with the Kenya National Examination Council (1989-2013), Commanding Officer at Langata Barracks, Career Military officer, attained the rank of Colonel and rose to the position of Deputy Chief of Personnel (1983-2012), Graduate teacher in Secondary School and Tutor in training college respectively (1980-1983), Team leader to the Joint Kenyatta University- Kenya Defense Forces Curriculum Development Panel (2009-2010).
He was recognized for exemplary leadership, management qualities and professional diligence and decorated with the Order of the Grand Warrior (OGW) by His Excellency the President in June 2002
Cellphone No: 0722633220
Email Address: email@example.com
L’lANZIVA MESHACK KIJUBA (MEMBER)
Is currently the Director of St. Anne’s School Lubao. He has served as a member of the Mumias Town Management Committee from 2015-2019. He was also the Principal of Chavakali High School between 2002 and 2006 and Kimilili High School between 1990 and 2001.
Mr. L’lanziva holds a Masters of Science degree in Organizational Development from the University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Education degree from SC McGill University – Montreal, Canada and a Diploma from the Kenya Science Teachers’ College.
He was honored with Head of State Commendation, Civilian Division
Cellphone No: 0722679882
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
MRS. KEZIAH OTSYULA MUCHELULE (MEMBER)
Mrs. Muchelule has served as the Operations Officer at the Kenya Ports Authority from 1997 until her retirement in 2018. She was the Head of Languages department in various secondary schools between 1988 and 1996. She also worked as a tutor in Teacher’s College (1983-1985).
Mrs. Muchelule holds a Masters in Business Administration (Strategic Management) from the University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Education Arts degree from Kenyatta University and a Diploma in French.
Cellphone No: 0722412256
Email Address: email@example.com
AMINA MAKOKHA MOHAMMED (MEMBER)
Ms. Amina was nominated by the Association of Youth Business Owners. She is a person living with disability. Ms. Amina holds a Bachelor of Business Management (Banking and Finance) degree from Mt. Kenya University.
Amina has worked as a Volunteer facilitator at Alternative Violence Project Kenya, Volunteer at Thika Young Association and Member of the Association of Youth Business Owners.
Cellphone No: 0716402474
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
MRS. CATHERINE WANDABWA BULINDA (MEMBER)
Was nominated by the Kakamega County Residents Association (KARA). She holds a Bachelors of Education degree from MMUST, Diploma in Technical Education from Kenya Teachers College, Diploma in Agriculture from Egerton University and Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation from Kenya Institute of Management.
Ms. Wandabwa is currently the county election Manager, Nandi County. She has worked as the constituency election manager at IEBC from 2010-2017. She has taught in various schools
Cellphone No: 0714522078
Email Address: email@example.com
CECM ALFRED MATIANYI (MEMBER)
He is the CECM Member of the Ministry of Lands, Housing, Urban Areas and Physical Planning. Has a Bachelor of Commerce in business Management from Catholic University of Eastern Africa and a Diploma in Electronic Engineering from Eldoret Polytechnic. Has extensive experience and knowledge spanning over 15 years in civil works and ICT. Having been a Managing Director of various Infrastructure Companies his previous portfolio includes undertaking contractual work with established companies such as Ericsson, Huawei, Alcatel, ZTE, YU, Toyota Tsusho Africa, Kirinyaga Construction Ltd, Nzoia Sugar Company among others. He has worked in various countries, which include Uganda, Congo Brazzaville, Zambia, Gabon and Tanzania.
Cellphone No: 0722796546
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PATRICK M. LUKOKO MISK (MEMBER)
Chief Officer Lands, Housing, Urban Areas and Physical Planning. He is a full member of the institution of Surveyors of Kenya (Land Surveyors’ Chapter). A Member of Environment Institute of Kenya. He has worked with Survey of Kenya department in the Ministry of Lands for over 20 years. He holds a Master of Science in Geospatial Information System and Remote sensing from Dedan Kimathi University of Technology and a Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology at University of Nairobi.
Cellphone No: 0702604475
Email Address: email@example.com
SWEARING IN OF BOARD MEMBERS
LAUNCHING OF MUNICIPAL CHARTER
KUPS TRAINING AT GOLF