GOVERNOR BARASA UNVEILS HIS CABINET
Kakamega County Governor H.E. FCPA Fernandes Barasa has today, Wednesday 9th November 2022, nominated for appointment officers that will assist him in steering his development agenda for the people of Kakamega County to ensure effective and efficient service delivery.
At a function held at the County Headquarters, Deputy Governor H.E Hon. Ayub Angatia Savula who flanked the Governor has been added extra responsibilities as the County Executive Committee Member (CECM) for Trade, Industrialization and Tourism; Mr. Lawrence Ingolo Omuhaka has been appointed as the CECM for Public Service and County Administration, CPA Livingstone L. Imbayi will be the new CECM for Finance and Economic Planning as Ms Rachel Carol Atamba assumes the ICT, e-Government and Communication docket. Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives Ministry will be headed by Benjamin Andama as Peninah Mukabane takes over Lands, Housing, Urban Areas and Physical Planning docket. Mophat Mandela has been named as the CECM for Social Services, Sports, Youth, Gender and Culture while Dr. Benard Wesonga takes charge of the critical Health Services Ministry. Education, Science and Technology docket will be managed by Godfrey Owori as CECM while Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change Ministry will be headed by Dr. Mariam B.O. Barasa. Architect Patrick Wesonga Kundu will be the new CECM for Roads, Energy and Public Works.
The Governor has further made the following appointments;
1. Dr. Boniface Okoth – County Secretary and Head of Public Service.
2. Joshua Auta Kutekha – Deputy County Secretary and Chief Officer Office of the Governor
3. Dr. Phitalis Were Masakhwe – Chief Officer Risk Management and Service Delivery.
4. Eng. Joseck Maloba – Chief Officer Technical Services Unit
5. Adan Ahmed Mohammed – Chief Officer Financial Management
6. Stanley Maindi Andabwa – Land Administration, Survey and Housing
7. Patrick Masaviro Butichi – Chief Officer Urban Areas and Physical Planning
8. Vivien Ayuma Asiachi – Chief Officer Social Services, Children Services, Gender and Culture
9. Joseph Abucheri Ashindu – Chief Officer Youth, Sports and Library Services
10. Dr. David Anekeya Alilah – Chief Officer Medical Services
11. George Mukodo – Chief Officer Public Health
12. Leah Khasandi Shisia – Chief Officer Education, Science and Technology
13. Jesca Weku Wesonga – Chief Officer Water and Sanitation Services
14. Justin Makari Mutobera – Chief Officer Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
15. Eng. Philip Otenyo Makonjio – Chief Officer Roads and Energy
16. Pascal Khisa Were – Chief Officer Public Works
17. Shakir Dahir Adan – Chief Officer Trade, Enterprise Development, Weights and Measures
18. Saxon Kweyu Osore – Chief Officer Industrialization and Tourism
19. Prisca Otipa – Chief Officer Public Service
20. Doreen Amwoga – Chief Officer County Administration
21. Josephita June Mwajuma – Chief Officer Finance
22. CPA David Musafiri Kulova – Chief Officer Economic Planning and Investment
23. CPA Samson Otieno – Chief Officer Budget and Ward Development Projects
24. Phanuel Isayangwa Musasia – Chief Officer Information, Communication and Technology
25. Joseph Lutilo – Chief Officer E-government and Communication
26. Bill Graham Otieno Silingi – Chief Officer Agriculture
27. Dr. George Barack Otieno – Chief Officer Livestock and Veterinary Services
28. Mariam Nyongesa Were – Chief Officer Fisheries Development
29. Emmanuel Njenga Kariuki – Chief Officer Cooperatives Development.
The County boss has also appointed the following as Advisors in the Office of the Governor;
1. Josephat Mwasame Katiti – Political Advisor
2. Christine Oside Wanyonyi – Women Empowerment
3. Desterio Okumu – Economic Affairs
4. Alfred Said Khasavuli – Strategy and Governance
5. Emmanuel Makokha – Youth
6. Isaac Omungo – Chief of Staff.
H.E the Governor congratulated the team saying they will be key in delivering the mandate as outlined in his manifesto to the residents of Kakamega.
The Executive appointees will now wait for vetting by the County Assembly of Kakamega before officially assuming office.