Dr. Collins Matemba
Our Ministry will be the driving force that will advance economic prosperity for the County Government of Kakamega, its business, Neighbourhood and residents.
We wish to create a local environment that will stimulate balanced growth through safe transport systems, modern and durable roads and buildings, business assistance, Neighbourhood developments, job creations and development of skilled labour.
We believe that our ministry is more than just infrastructure, buildings, safe transport and job creation, but a pathway to strong families, integrated communities and self-sufficiency.
We wish to make the public have an opportunity to fully participate in, a deliberate journey to make Kakamega County a world class County in its operations.
Eng. Joseph Agingu Sweta
Chief Officer Roads and Energy
Mr. Patrick Lumumba Likavo
Chief Officer Works
Our Strategic Objectives
• Integrate transport with County and National Socio-Economic needs.
• Establish appropriate institutional systems for transport and Infrastructure management.
• Deliver efficient and effective transport and infrastructure to enhance county productivity.
• Ensure enforcement and compliance with Transport and Infrastructure laws and regulations.
• Incorporate environmental protection and resource conservation issues in the Ministry.
• Improve safety and security, reliability and speed in transporting people and goods.
• Promote public awareness through the use of appropriate information to inculcate positive attitude change.
This ministry will open up roads leading to our rural areas in readiness for Investments. Our town roads will be Managed and maintained to our national standards for easy and safe access to boost trade, investments and tourism. We will employ best engineering standards in all our construction works in making all our constructions durable. In this regard, we have set aside adequate funds for road construction, road maintenance, bridges and toll stations as part of the infrastructural developments. I therefore urge all the residents and stakeholders of Kakamega to support our development projects initiatives for us to realize our objectives as a County.