”SCALE DOWN YOUR WISH LISTS,” GOVERNOR OPARANYA TO COUNTY GOVERNMENT EXECUTIVES
County Government departments have been directed to prioritize their programmes as there is no enough money to meet all wish lists.
H.E. FCPA Governor Wycliffe Ambetsa Oparanya singled out the following priority areas for enhanced allocations during the current financial year:
– The Big 4 Agenda with special emphasis on universal health coverage
– Training of staff/capacity building to enhance productivity and boost morale
– Revival of Mumias Sugar Company
– Resourcing County Agencies and town management boards to enable them work independently through their respective budget lines
– Establishment of Community Area Councils to entrench service delivery and empowerment of citizens
– Procurement of fire engines in major towns and in the northern, central and southern regions
– Conducting research on public opinion survey on satisfaction levels with government service delivery
– More resources for media sensitization on the county’s development milestones and creation of a press unit for the governor
– Procurement of garbage collection truck for Kakamega and better management of solid waste
The governor was addressing CEC members, Chief Officers, CEOs of County Agencies, the leadership of the County Public Service Board, accountants, procurement and planning officers on the second day of deliberations on the county’s supplementary estimates for 2019/2020 FY.
Also present were deputy governor H.E. Prof. Philip Museve Kutima, CECM for Finance and Planning, Mr. Geoffrey Omulayi, the chairperson of the County Public Service Board, madam Catherine Omweno, County Secretary and Head of Public Service, the deputy County Secretary, Chief of Staff, the County Attorney, advisers and the PA to the governor.