KENYA TO PRIORITIZE PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS THAT EMPOWER CITIZENS
As Kenya celebrates the fruits of devolution in the on-going Third Devolution Conference at Meru National Polytechnic in Meru County, it is clear that the focus of achieving Kenya’s Vision 2030 fronts goals that are sustainable by both levels of government.
Here are a few points captured on this subject;
– Implement County Integrated Development Plans in line with Vision 2030.
– National Government to fund fully all the devolved functions
– Modernize and make quality health services more accessible by all
– Mechanize and subsidize agriculture
– Embrace and implement ICT
– All to take care of the environment and access to clean and safe water
– Observe and practice Equality for all
– Maximize County Dialogues
– Monitor and Evaluate county scores regularly
– Youths as a function be devolved to county governments
– Fight Graft at all levels
– Development Partnerships: National and County Governments and other stakeholders
Despite challenges encountered in the last 3 years of devolution, County Governments have received a pat on the back for actualizing real change at the grassroots which has impacted positively on the lives of Kenyans.
Kakamega County Delegation is led by H.E Hon. Governor Wycliffe Ambetsa Oparanya.