Following a lengthy meeting between H.E President Uhuru Kenyatta and H.E Governor Wycliffe Ambetsa Oparanya today at Kakamega State lodge;
1. The National Government is to repair and maintain the Kakamega-Kaburengu road, to make it passable, as it awaits for the ruling by the International Arbitration Court at the Hague where the contractor seeks redress having lost locally in a case he is to be scrapped off the contract for not fulfilling the project as expected. Other roads to be worked on by the National Government after El-nino rains include; Lurambi-Bungoma, Sigalagala-Sidindi and Shibinga-Shianda-Navakholo-Malava
2. The National Government will support the County Government, in collaboration with Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, to build a Mega County Hospital that will serve people from East and Central Africa. The project is set to roll out in September 2016
3. In addition to the 1 billion shillings brought to Mumias Sugar Company this year by the National government, the company will receive another 2 billion shillings this financial year and more money from the next year’s national budget, all in efforts to revive the giant miller
4. Kakamega Airstrip has been fronted by the National government as one of its priorities in Western Kenya transport projects. Close to 80 families will be compensated to relocate so as to allow for the expansion of the airstrip
5. The National Government is set to engage and support the County Government in the conservation of Kakamega Forest. A meeting over the same has been scheduled for 28th Nov 2015.
The County Government will relentlessly push for more resources to trickle down to the grassroots in order to empower the residents.