COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KAKAMEGA CORONA VIRUS UPDATE BY H.E. WYCLIFFE OPARANYA – 23RD MARCH 2020
three County Government Officers who jetted back in the country from
Italy on 28th February 2020 to be tested again and to observe a 14-day
mandatory self quarantine.
▪Staff with leave days are encouraged to take a two weeks leave but be ready to be recalled to work any time.
▪ Families of deceased persons to be contacted to pick the bodies from the mortuary immediately and to restrict the funerals to a maximum of 15 relatives; Burial to be conducted within 24 hours.
▪ County Government to purchase spray guns and chemicals for Matatu Saccos for fumigation of all Public Service Vehicles within the County under the supervision of public health officers. Fumigation exercise to target markets, bus stops and Bodaboda shades.
▪ A team from the Ministry of Water to check on leaks and low pressure affected areas; to repair and boost water supply and use water boozers to supply water where there is no supply.
▪The County Government is partnering with UNICEF and Red Cross to provide various commodities. Any willing partner/s is welcome on board.
▪ Enforcement on closure of open markets to be sustained. However, operations at the markets and modern kiosks to continue on condition that those involved observe social distance and hygiene. Hawking of merchandise is banned with immediate effect
▪To ensure the safety of children, parents should ensure their children stay at home for entire duration schools will be closed.
▪ Visiting of patients at hospitals banned except for emergency cases.
During the presser, the County boss was accompanied by the County Commissioner, Pauline Dola, CECM for Health Services, Rachel Okumu, Medical Services Chief Officer, Dr. Beatrice Etemesi, County Secretary madam Jacinta Aluoch Odhiambo, County Police Commander Bernard Muli, Chief of Staff, Mr. Robert Sumbi among other senior officials.